If you are like me, you might be really into deep gay romance, rom-com, and really up for a dramatic ride of “OMG! Kiss!” to “OMG! How dare you!!” to the point of grunting at every wrong move the characters do and you still are so masochist that you keep on reading or watching! – I swear this is not a rant! – maybe…
Anyway! One of these days of the quarantine, somewho – don’t ask me because I have no idea how – I came across this incredible lovely movie called “The Thing about Harry” and if you are wondering, what is it about? Then read the first paragraph of this article since that is exactly how I felt the 5 times I have watched the movie since this last weekend – mind that today is Thursday and I watched it on Sunday while doing the dishes –.
Also if you know me, you know that I am a bit obsessive and after watching it I was extremely desperate to get into something else about the same tone! And I although I asked on social media– twitter I am looking at you – if there was something else I could read… and guess what? I didn’t get any help!
So after some research in my TBR – no wallet was hurt in this process – I found a book that maybe MAYBE will comply to fill the void this movie left me! So, Becky and Adam, I am putting my hope that “What if it’s Us” will be some crazy romantic dramatic gay shxxxt! So I decided that if you get to watch the movie or you find yourself in my position in the future, I am going to help you out! So bellow you will see a small chart that will help you if you ever find yourself googling “what to read or watch after not having enough gay drama” or “what to read after watching “The Thing about Harry” since that movie is not based on a book” – for once people! For once someone was original enough to produce a movie without being based on a book! Jesus the Lord –.
I am sorry for my bad graphic skills – I am still working on them – so, you have seen that we start with:
- “Something Like Summer” so much drama! But it gives you the full story with some big-time jumps! We started as teenagers and then we finished being grown-up men!
- Then we move into, of course, “Call Me By Your Name”. You finished that title heartbroken and with so many questions that you just need to numb the pain! The anxiety! Like what in the world happened?
- Then we move to “Find Me” because I know you will die to know what happens!
- Once you are ready with those and your heart is melting away out of sweetness and you start losing your teeth, we move to the most amazing movie in the world! “The Thing about Harry”. Here we have more “mature” male characters and we have such a different drama and you just cannot handle it anymore and that ending! That Ending!!!!
- Once you are all hyped up and full of love and desperation for more! Get to “Lie With Me” so that you can literally die of love and lose!
After this cycle of gay romance, drama, comedy, silliness, and tragedy… you are either good to lay in your bed staring at the ceiling or just simply ready to cry yourself to sleep! – don’t we live in a wonderful world? –
I hope you have enjoyed this post as much as I enjoyed doing it! And these might not be the best books in the gay world! But as of right now, they have made me rant and put me in a book slump and in a cycle of addiction to gay stories!
If you get to read or watch any of these books/movies, pin me! On Twitter, Goodreads, or here!
PS: yes, I am ranting! If you could hear my voice now is all speedy and squeaky!
Sharing is caring!
If you liked what I wrote and/or if you wish to comment or discuss, come and do it!
Thank you for reading!
“Find your peace, find your joy, find your book, and never let go”
Check us out on social media for bookish life and weekly content creation. Check out our pictures, our reviews on-demand, indie reviews, and memes in any of our below networks! We review audiobooks, physical books, ebooks, and share bookish news!